Tuesday, March 22, 2011

back at it!

well, it's been a little over a month since the last post and 6 weeks since surgery, and i must say i'm extremely happy with the outcome of going under the knife. I started climbing again about 2 weeks ago which was a week earlier than my surgeon had recommended but i was feeling really good and i couldn't control the urge to be active any longer. i was a little worried i may have been jumping the gun but i was loosing my mind so i decided to go for it(taking things EXTREMELY slow at first). my first session back i was lucky enough to have my friend lauryn reel me in a bit, she wouldn't belay me on anything over 5.10a. (side note: i don't have the mechanism that says "stop, too much, too much!") needless to say those 6 routes 5.10a and under KICKED my ass, i was pumped out of my mind at the end of the night and needed 2 days to recover. for the first week back i took it slow, i think i climbed 3 days outta 8, all on ropes and all casual sessions. by the end of the first week i felt i could boulder a bit and decided to give it a go at work, i was super hesitant, but to my surprise it felt really good and i was able to climb much harder than i had expected. for the rest of last week i pushed myself a half notch harder each session (which have been fairly short ones) followed by ice and lots of stretching and i feel like this shit is close to being in the past! now, time to keep on the recovery game , get strong again and send some shit in the fall! SO FUCKING PSYCHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment